This month's question on the Insecure Writer's Support Group sounded good to this writer: What steps have you taken or plan to take to put a schedule in place for your writing and publishing? This is a fun bulleted list (funny that bulleted is underlined in red but appears as the correct verb when I hover over the bullets in the menu) of things I'm doing to move writing and publishing along:
- I have a publication date of June 25, 2018. Nothin' like a deadline to get you grooving.
- I have a publisher who helps me with my schedule. Highly recommended, but sometimes scary...might even make you insecure!
- I have a list of duties to complete weekly, monthly, etc. to promote my book.
- I trick myself by saying my only goal each time I sit down to write is to write 100 words. I invariably write at least 101. If done on a daily basis, even 100 words add up over time to a novel, short story, epic poem, or even several short poems.
- I try to fill out the page with just rough ideas, not too specific at first. Not too perfect either!
- Sometimes I do none of this and lay there or do something else to forget about it.